Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sick and Tired of my job


'I've been watching this herd of cattle for seven years, and to be frank, I haven't seen them do anything yet!'
**************
CHANGE your career...Did you say you have been in the same company, same position, doing the same job for the last five years or so? you must be nuts!!! its high time you thought to seek a career change buddy. I know what you are thinking.. you probably say that I know my job in and out and I get paid a good sum of money I cannot afford to let go this job. Well you might be right to some extent but hey did you think about what it will be like in five years time. Any guarantee that this job will still be there for you? Probably not so you must develop yourself by seeking a different job environment that allows you to develop your skills and qualification and most important allows for career advancement. You certainly don't want to say I have been IT Assistant for seven or ten years because that's not a good sign geek. Seven or ten years should easily put you at least in a senior post if not managerial. You should also ask yourself how much did I learn in this job because working is not a one way traffic; as much as you give your employer you should be able to take. Take new skills through sponsored training or further studies. Personally I wont like to be in the slow lane watching others speed past me. I like to be the fastest lane and leading. Getting to the finish line is the beginning of a new race.
C H A N G E dude..

No comments: