Thursday, January 10, 2008

New years.. so what?

Its that time of the year where all get excited and prepare to celebrate yet the end of one year and start of a new year. Some of us get busy planning the celebrations and some are busy making resolutions; ladies want to lose weight and gents want to shape up. Its funny because if we just rewind the tape a bit we will realise that we didn't accomplish much of last years resolutions in fact some will find that next years plans are typical to last year's.
Well this year is giving me a different feeling with mixed up happenings. Dec 31, 2007 I returned from the Holy lands in Saudi Arabia after performing Haj and my spiritual battery is charged up. At the end of Pilgrimage and just before I returned home something BIG was being planned for me that if it succeeded it would have completely changed my life; guss what? I almost got married and don't ask because I have no answers. On Jan 2, 2008 I return to work from leave but it was like a touch and go at the office as I was informed of my contract termination with a number of other colleagues of mine due to the end of the company's contract in the country; its a long story!
I think it was an interesting end of 2007 and beginning of 2008. I hope for the best Inshallah.

Change is good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Talk about a double shocker!!! Its a year of surprises for you huh? Insha Allah kheir...I hope things will sort themselves out soon....where there is a will, there is a way...
What I couldn't digest is the marriage arrangement....run that one by me again.....Say What!!!! Did it happen or not??!!!