Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sudden Death

A couple of weeks ago I was watching a soccer game live on TV and while a player was preparing to take a free kick near the opponents goal a teammate who is the main striker was getting ready to take advantage of the cross. So this striker took two steps forward and then without any contact with anyone he fell down inside the box. The first impression in such cases is that the striker was trying to trick the referee to give away a penalty but this was not the case here as it was announced minutes later that the player passed away. Yes he died on the spot without any warnings or physical contact with anyone. Sudden death broadcasted live on a satellite TV channel.
Death does not ask for permission and does not take into account whether it’s an appropriate time or not. People die in their sleep, during their work, while in school, on playgrounds, in battle fields, etc. Therefore, we need to get ready and alert that death may not give a chance to negotiate or prepare. Did we do enough good to present ourselves to the most Merciful Allah almighty? Did we carry out our obligations with sincerity?
We need to hold ourselves accountable and ask questions before we get asked at the time when nothing will be useful other than good deeds. May Allah guide us to the right path and grant us paradise in the hereafter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sudden death," it's really frightening. I don't mean death itself, but the fact that it can come all of a sudden. This is why I want to finish writing a novel as soon as possible. I'm just worried that I'm going to die before making my mother proud of me. After all that she suffered in a mean community that does not appreciate her, it's my duty to show them how special she is, and how stupid and backward they are. I hope that I'll make it.. just for mother!!

el nino loco said...

Well princess thanks for dropping a comment. Yes it is scary and we need to pay attention to it. Yet life is beautiful and we need to be positive.I am sure your mum is already proud of you but off course she will be happy with your novel so
Good luck with your novel.